Admission to Kisii School is a rigorous process that aims at ensuring only the most deserving students are admitted.
Primary education in Kenya is presently available to the great majority of children. The course lasts 8 years and ends in a national examination Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
SUMMARY OF ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR A CANDIDATE WISHING TO JOIN KISII SCHOOL
1. In February/March of every year Class 8 candidates register with the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) for their KCPE examination and select their secondary schools of choice. The candidate MUST select Kisii School (Code No. 703101) as his official first choice of National Secondary School.
2. Application Form. The candidate MUST fill in the application for admission. This form is given free of charge by the School. Note that this form is not for sale and it is illegal to pay any cash to obtain it. The form can be collected from the school at the main office during working hours or downloaded from the school website www.kisiischool.com
If the applicant is too far from Nairobi or lacks internet access, please give us your details and we shall send the form to you
3. The application form contains guidelines on information needed for admission to the School . The Form is confidential and all information in it is treated as such.
4. The Application Form MUST be returned to the School by 31st July of every year, duly completed with all supporting documents appended as per the requirements.
5. In October/November – the candidates sit for their KCPE Examination.
6. December – Results for KCPE candidates are announced. At this stage the National Selection for Secondary Schools begins.
7. Successful applicants to Kisii School will be admitted and selected on the following basis:
a) Fulfillment of all application requirements.
b) Academic Merit (Excellent performance in their KCPE Examination)
c) Level of need based on the Form filled during application.
At the end of the selection process each year, the list of admitted students is pinned on the school notice board near the main office, website and invitation letters are sent to all admitted students through their respective Primary Schools.
Kisii School allows prospective students who are not admitted in the first intake to request for reconsideration of their application provided they have fulfilled all the above conditions. This is based on availability of places that may not have been taken up for many reasons. One should submit their letter of appeal to the Director as soon as the list of admitted students is pinned up.